In this tutorial we well learn how to check find your saved WiFi password in Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Blackberry smartphone. There is not just one way to see password of your already saved and connected wireless networks. It is always beneficial to know the Wi-Fi security key of your ADSL router, so that you can share it with your friend and can connect the WiFi again in case you delete or forgot the network.
The first method we are to retrieve or know / find your WiFi password on all mobile phones is using your modem routers access ip address. This method will work on all cell phones irrespective of their OS platform.
Check / Find your WiFi password
- Connect to the WiFi network, whose password you want to know
- open the web browser and type your ROUTERS access IP address ( check different routers default IP address)
- Login to the Router Software Interface ( user name and password would be ‘admin’ OR ‘password’)
- Go to Routers Wireless Setting TAB
- Select Security and click on Show Security KEY, you will see your WLAN password
The above method will work on Windows phone without any problem.
See your WiFi Password on Android
To know WiFi password on Android your phone should be Rooted, you can also try this method without rooting your phone via installing Root Explorer APP from google play store, but chances are less.
- How to Know Find WiFi Password in Windows 7, 8, 10, XP computer
- How to Clear App Data, Cache, Defaults and Force stop in Android phone
- Open File Explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer
- For ES File Explorer make sure ROOT Explorer is turned ON (Tab the menu on Upper-left to ON it)
- Grant Superuser access when asked
- Now go to Local /data/misc/wifi/ and open wpa_supplicant.conf file
- Scroll down to the SSID to find the password, which will be next the term / field “psk”
According to the Android versions the file might be found in /data/wifi or data/etc/wifi. This method should work on all Android versions 2.1 Eclair, 2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread, 3.0 Honeycomb, Ice cream sandwich 4.0, Jelly bean 4.1 4.2 4.3, 4.4 Kitkat, v5.1 Lollipop and6.0 Marshmallow.
Find Wi-Fi network Password on a jailbroken iPhone or iPad
- The iphone should be jailbreak firts
- Open Cydia Store and serach WiFi Passwords tweak
- Install the app, it is compatible with iOS 6, 7 , 8, 9
- One the app is install open it
- You Will find list of all WiFi Networks you are connected to, along with their respective passwords.
If you don’t succeed and all methods fail. Then Another Method you try is to reset your router, but this will delete all your ISP configurations. You can reset it by pressing small WPS / Reset button (Press & hold it for 10 seconds) on the router. The default password can be found at the bottom of your Modem / router or in its retail box pack.
Now you can easily find the forgotten WiFi network’s password on Android, iPhone, Microsoft Windows Phone, Nokia, Sony xperia, Samsung, Micromax Canvas, Lava, LG, Xolo, QMobile, HTC, BLU, LeECo, Gionee, Huawei Honor, ZTE, iBall, Motorola Moto, Xiaomi MI, Intex, Oppo, Alactel, Meizu, Asus Zenfone, Acer and Lenovo smartphones.