This article will compare the top dedicated server hosting providers and help you to choose the best for you as per your budget/requirements.
- Dedicated server Hosting meaning?
- Best Dedicated server hosting
- List of Best Dedicated server Hosting providers
- Pros & cons of Liquidweb dedicated hosting
- The second Best Dedicated Server provider is Inmotion hosting.
- Inmotion hosting
- Pros & cons of Inmotion Dedicated hosting
- Nexcess (Best Managed Dedicated hosting for CMS, WordPress, Magento, OroCRM)
- NameCheap (cheap Dedicated hosting)
- List of cheap Dedicated hosting Providers (Budget-Friendly)
- Pros and Cons of Dreamhost Dedicated servers
- BlueHost Dedicated Server
- Pros and Cons of BlueHost Dedicated server
- Pros and Cons of Hostgator Dedicated server
- IONOS (1&1) Dedicated hosting
- Pros and Cons of IONOS Dedicated Hosting
- Benefits of Dedicated hosting servers
- Dedicated server vs VPS (Virtual Private Servers)
- Things to consider while purchasing Dedicated Hosting Server
- Fully Managed VS unmanaged /self-managed dedicated server hosting
The First thing that will come to your mind is what is hosting and what does dedicated hosting server means? Well, when you have a decent domain name for your business or eCommerce website you need lots of resources such as images, files, java-scripts, and other data to give an awesome design to your website. All this data need to be stored somewhere and has to be available 24/7 online via the internet, this is where hosting comes to sort thing for you. Hosting is a computer that is attached to the internet and is available 24/7 356 days having a fixed IP address (static IP) where you can store and retrieve your data or website resources.
Dedicated server Hosting meaning?
Dedicated server hosting is a type of hosting that offers dedicated resources to the user. In dedicated hosting, you are the only sole owner of the hosting computer, unlike VPS. RAM, CPU cores treads, Storage disk (HDD, SSD, RAID), and Internet Bandwidth all dedicated provides to you as a whole computer server. It is up to you how you utilize these resources.
Dedicated servers are almost similar to VPS but you will get each and everything Dedicated and Real, not Virtual. Big Companies with huge traffic usually use dedicated servers to power their sites. Managed Dedicated hosting servers are the most expensive and more reliable than others. It doesn’t use the shared resources, each and everything is dedicated. You can also create a SWAP memory to increase performance. You can create your own Name servers, get a Dedicated IP address, and the root-level access. You can choose an operating system for your servers such as Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, or Windows server64 / 32bit OS.
Best Dedicated server hosting
Here is the list of top Dedicated hosting servers for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, big-commerce, Magento, WooCommerce, ExpressionEngine, OroCRM, craft cms, E-commerce, Startups, and Video Streaming websites.
List of Best Dedicated server hosting
- LiquidWeb: Best Performance and Best in class Support (Best value for money)
- Inmotion Hosting: Budget Hosting
- Nexcess: managed Dedicated hosting for Magento, Drupal, WordPress Website (Managed colocation)
- NameCheap: Cheap Hosting with good configuration
- DreamHost: Great Hosting
- BlueHost: Value for money
List of Best Dedicated server Hosting providers
Liquidweb offers best-dedicated hosting servers with double resources (2x RAM). Liquidweb has the best top-notch features that no other hosting provider offers. With Liquidweb you get Managed Hosting and 100% SLA uptime guarantee. Not just that Liquidweb has just 59 seconds response time for a chat, phone, and helpdesk. That means you never have to wait too long.
It offers double RAM for its dedicated servers which is great for gaming, AI, machine learning, and high traffic websites. Liquidweb has Best customer loyalty rate, 10 global data centers, a team of 500+ professionals, 1.5 million websites running on their servers, and more than 45,000 customers from all over the world.
Their Dedicated Server Hosting plan starts from 199$ per month that offers Intel Xenon 1230 4Core CPU with 32GB of RAM, 480GB of SSD storage + additional One TB SATA Backup Drive and you can choose from Cpanel, Plesk or Interworx as your server control panel.
The Topmost plan costs 549$ per month with 128GB of RAM, around 2TB of SSD, 1 TB of backup drive, and 2TB of the File storage drive, in total around 5TB of Storage. So the number one choice for the Dedicated Hosting server is Liquidweb as their servers are insanely fast with great service & support.
Pros & cons of Liquidweb dedicated hosting
- Double Resources
- More RAM
- More SSD storage + separate HDD for backup
- Best Help and Support
- Quality of service
- Location of Servers
- less than a 59 seconds response time for a chat, phone support
The second Best Dedicated Server provider is Inmotion hosting.
Inmotion Hosting Prices gets Little Cheaper but offers less Less RAM. Inmotion hosting dedicated server plan start at $139 which offers Intel Xeon e3-1246 v3 4C CPU with 16GB of RAM, 1TB of storage, and 5 free IP addresses.
The Highest Plan from inmotion hosting costs 529$ per month that offers 64GB of RAM, 16core Dual Intel Xeon CPU, 15TB data transfer, and 15 free IPS. Inmotion Hosting also offers Self-managed Bare Metal Servers without Cpanel that is $40 cheaper than the Managed Dedicated Servers with the same configurations.
Pros & cons of Inmotion Dedicated hosting
- Multiple options to choose from
- More free IP addresses
- Good Storage capacity
- Intel Xeon CPUs
- Managed hosting
Nexcess (Best Managed Dedicated hosting for CMS, WordPress, Magento, OroCRM)
Nexcess offers Managed Dedicated hosting for Applications such as Magento, Woo Commerce, WordPress, Drupal, etc. Its Managed Dedicated Server plan starts at 539$ per month that offers 600GB of storage, 24GB of RAM, Email Hosting, SSL, Dedicated IP, Daily Backups, Global data centers, etc.
So it is Premium Managed Hosting for web applications from the parent company Liquidweb.
Advantages of Nexcess
- Best in Class Customer Support
- Great for applications such as Magento, CRM, WordPress, Woocommerce, etc
- Is a little bit expensive due to its premium features
NameCheap (cheap Dedicated hosting)
If you want Dedicated hosting at a cheaper price than you can go with Namecheap Hosting. Name cheap Dedicated Server plan start at 45$ for Intel Xeon E3 1230 v6 CPU, with 8GB of ram and 500GB of HDD. For Cpanel, you have to pay extra.
The most expensive plan that NameCheap offers is $199 with Dual Xeon Silver CPU with 8 cores each, integrated with 64gb of RAM and 2 TB OF SSD.
Pros and Cons of NameCheap Dedicated Servers
- Cheap Price
- Good service support
- Average Performance
- Not much options/plans
List of cheap Dedicated hosting Providers (Budget-Friendly)
DreamHost is yet another good hosting provider. Dreamhost has retained good customer reviews for its hosting services. Dream host offers Shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting. It provides a Fully Managed Dedicated hosting server. The pricing for dedicated servers start at $149 (Standard) that offers 4GB of RAM, 1TB of traditional HDD, Intel Xeon 4 Core 8-thread CPU, 100% network uptime guarantee, and DDoS protection.
The Enhanced Plan goes up to $379 that offers 64GB of storage 240GB of SSD, Intel Xeon 12-core CPU with 24 threads, and Ubuntu operating system. It offers Raid 1 storage, Opcache. The Storage capacity seems pretty low for a dedicated server.
Pros and Cons of Dreamhost Dedicated servers
- Good service support
- Fully Managed hosting
- Less Storage for SSD
- Traditional Spinning drives
BlueHost Dedicated Server
Bluehost Dedicated server has 3 plans to offer. It starts at $79/mo that comes equipped with 4 core CPU clocked at 2.3GHz 500GB of mirrored storage, 4GB of RAM, 5TB of Bandwidth, and 3IP addresses. The Enhanced plan costs $99.99 per month and has 4core processor @ 2.5GHz, 1TB of storage, 8GB of RAM, 10TB bandwidth, and 4IP addresses. The Premium plan is of $119.99/mo which is equipped with 4cores of CPU clocked at 3.3GHz, 1TB of Storage, 16GB of RAM, 15TB Bandwidth, and 5 dedicated IP addresses.
All plans come with Free SSL certificates like most of the others, 30 days money-back guarantee, free domain for the first year.
Pros and Cons of BlueHost Dedicated server
- Price of servers
- Improved Cpanel
- Multi-server Management
- Average Features
- Less RAM
- not recommended for AI, DL, ML or image processing applications
Hostgator is one of the most popular shared hosting providers in the world. Hostgator also provides dedicated servers for its customers at an affordable price with reasonable configurations. Hostgator Power Server plan starts at $119.89/month that offers Intel Xeon-D pROCESSOR WITH 8 CORE INTEGRATED WITH 16gb OF ram, 2tb OF HDD OR 512GB of SSD, unmetered bandwidth and OS of your choice Linux or Windows OS.
All Dedicated plan comes with CPanel and WHM provided for Linux, 3 ipv4 Ips, Full root access, unlimited databases, Raid-1 configuration, 24/7/365 live support, and Fully redundant network.
Pros and Cons of Hostgator Dedicated server
- Budget-Friendly price
- Support and service
- not much options plans
- Server located in the US only
IONOS (1&1) Dedicated hosting
IONOS or 1&1 offers one of the best-dedicated hostings at budget-friendly prices. It has a total of 8 dedicated hosting plans, 4 plans with traditional HDD, and the other with SSD (A8i SSD/L-16 /XL-32 / XL-64 SSD). The Basic plan starts at $45 with intel Atom c2750 CPU that offers 8GB of RAM and 240GB of SSD storage.
The most expensive plan is of $140 for first 3 months and then $160 that comes with a setup fee of $50, Intel Xeon E3-127- v6 4 core 3.8GHz processor integrated with 64GB of RAM, 800GB of SSD, 1 free domain, site scan and CDN from RailGun.
Pros and Cons of IONOS Dedicated Hosting
- Good service support
- great plans
- less storage
Benefits of Dedicated hosting servers
- Dedicated Resources
- for high traffic sites
- mission-critical websites
- SSL and high security
- Dedicated Resources (No sharing of RAM or CPU etc)
- more SPEED – for fast API and more concurrent users
- Private Servers
- High Privacy
- No Creepy or resource-hungry Neighbour
- Install Scripts or OS of your choice
- More Internet speed Network throughput
- Install Control panel of your choice (Cpanel, Plesk, Interworx)
- install any software JAVA, PHP, RUBY on Rails, MEAN stack, MYSQL, APACHE 2, Lightspeed, Cpanel, Plesk (need a separate license)
- help in SEO and pageSpeed
Dedicated hosting can help you achieve fast website load speed, can decrease LCP, and reduce website wait time and can handle more users concurrently. You can install LAMP (Linux OS Ubuntu/cent os, Apache2, Mysql Database, Php 7.4 ), XAMP, MEAN STACK (Mongo Database, Express, Angular and Node JS), as many Virtual Hosts you want. A dedicated server helps to manage high workloads.
Dedicated server vs VPS (Virtual Private Servers)
VPS servers offer better performance than shared hosting. Virtual Private Servers offer some share of dedicated resources virtually, for example sharing of RAM or CPU cores. VPS can be good who wants to have root access or want to get a little taste of Dedicated Server at a cheap price.
Things to consider while purchasing Dedicated Hosting Server
- UPTIME & SLA
- Managed Service
- After-sale service, help, and support (phone, live chat, average response time)
- CPU (Server Specification model year of manufacturing/generation of Computer AMD/Intel/IBM/Dell)
- RAM capacity (AI, deep learning, machine learning, high traffic websites, and data science application requires more ram)
- Storage type (SSD are ideally 10x times faster than spinning HDD)
- Bandwidth (Uploading & Downloading)
- Network throughput
- Website Migration
- Upgrading and Degrading of the existing plan
- OS of choice: Linux, Windows, Ubuntu, Centos, Windows Server
- Dedicated Hosting Plans
- Backup and Storage
- DDOS Protection
- Root Access and Shell access (SSH)
- Availability of Data Centers (location of servers)
- Email Hosting
- Load balancer
- HIPAA Compliant (if required)
- Dedicated ipv4 or ipV6 (you can also purchase additional IPS if needed)
- DNS management
- MoneyBack Guarantee
Fully Managed VS unmanaged /self-managed dedicated server hosting
Fully Managed servers are managed and configured by the hosting provider itself. While on the other hand self-managed or unmanaged servers are managed and configured by the user or developer itself. If you know how to set up, manage, and configure server than you can go with self-managed dedicated servers. Otherwise, it is always good to have a Managed Dedicated Server for a few extra bucks.
Well, he hopes you like the list of Best dedicated hosting providers. There are many other Dedicated hosting providers such as Godaddy, A2Hosting, Interserver, etc. But they have there owned cons and pros so we don’t cont them in our top dedicated server hosting list.