To access Internet from USB DATA Card Modem or 3G Dongle you need to configure right APN (Access Point Name) setting. Not just that to use internet in High speed you have to chose the best preferred network from HSPA / WCDMA / LTE / GSM / GPRS / 2G / WAP. Most of the USB Modems / data cards / Dongles comes with pre-configured setting of APN and dial up number etc.
So today we are going to share how you can manual setup APN for Tata Docomo, BSNL, Idea, MTNL, Uninor, Vodafone, Reliance, Airtel, Aircel SIM card numbers in you 4G lte / 3G / 2G Data card modem or Dongle. The settings are for all Huawei, ZTE, iBall, Micromax, Lava, Idea Netsetter, Tata Photon, Cubetek, Intex, TP-Link, iSun, Reliance, MTS, ECPC, D-Link, Netgear, Beetel, Alcatel, Binatone, Enter, iBerry, Sandisk, Simmtronics and Zebronics data cards / dongles.
To enter the APN settings manually follow the below instructions :
Note : There would be slightly different options but they work will remain same. Example : In some modems ‘SETTINGS’ option would be found as ‘Internet Configuration’.
- Open Data Card / Dongle Software or Application
- Go to Tools > Options > Profile Management> Enter new or Manually >
- (For Huawei Modems) First open Mobile Partner then Go To Settings > Settings Configuration > Profile Management
- Now Enter service Provider name in Profile Name and APN as per your respective operator (given below). From Dynamic or Static select Static and Left Username, Password black. In Access Number or Dial UP Number Enter *99# or *99***1#.
- After Entering the details Click on save button
To Access Internet in 3G speed first you need to activate 3G Plan and Make sure 3G network Signals are available in your area. If these two conditions are satisfied then Go To Settings or Network and Choose HSPA or WCDMA (for 3G) or LTE ( 4G). Otherwise choose GSM (2G ) speed will be low. Also know how to get mobile manual Internet Settings APN or by SMS.
Manual 2G / 3G / GPRS / 4G LTE Internet APN settings for USB DATA Card Modem / Dongle in Tata Docomo, BSNL, Idea, Vodafone, MTNL, Reliance, Airtel, Aircel
|Aircel||aircelgprs||*99***1# or *99#||Blank||Blank|
|TATA Docomo||TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET or TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNEThvc||*99#||Blank||Blank|
|Reliance||rcomwap or rcomnet||*99#||Blank||Blank|
|MTNL||3G Postpaid – mtnl3g
3G Prepaid – pps3g
Let us know if the post helped you and comment below it the settings worked for you. Also check out 3G internet Data Plans for all SIM cards and how to activate them.