Huawei Honor 6 Plus has been officially announced at an even in China. The Honor 6+ comes with some vigorous specifications like : 4G LTE, 5.5 inch FHD screen, Dual rear cameras etc. The Huawei Honor 6-plus comes with 1920 x1080px 5.5-inch display with 72.8% screen to body ratio and 2.8mm slim bezels on the sides. It draws the power from Octa core processor (4x 1.8GHz + 4X1.3GHz) based on Hisilicon Kirin 925 chipset with 13 low power sensor. It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion UI layer on the top. It has 3GB of RAM similar to OnePlus One. It would compete with Xiaomi Mi-4 and Vivo X5-MAX.
The Honor 6 + features Dual 8MP rear cameras with Dual LED flash for effective pixel size up to 1.98 microns (not for 3D video recording ). You can also adjust the aperture that can be set between f/0.95 and f/1.6 (more blur in background) and it offers Ultra fast Autofocus speed of just 1 millisecond. It has CAT6 LTE support that has NFC support as well. It is Dual SIM smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity. Company has made different models for China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom. It is 7.5mm thick and weighs 165 grams. It is powered by 3600 mAh battery and has IR LED for remote control.
Huawei Honor 6 Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 pixels in-cell LTPS display with 10-finger multi-touch
- Octa-Core (4×1.8GHz Cortex A15 4×1.3GHz Cortex A7) Hisilicon Kirin 925 CPU
- Mali T628-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/ 32GB ROM
- Expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- Dual 8MP camera rear cameras with, F2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, F2.4 aperture, Sony BSI sensor, 5P lens
- Dimensions: 150.46 x 75.68 x 7.5
- Weight: 165g
- IR LED for remote control
- 4G LTE Cat6 / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS
- 3600mAh battery
Honor 6-Plus Pros and Cons
- Pros : Camera, RAM, Connectivity
- Cons : none
The Huawei Honor 6 Plus / + comes in Black, White and Gold Colors. It is priced at 1999 yuan ( $325 in the US / RS 21,000 in India) for the 16GB variant and the 32GB model will cost you 2499 yuan ( $400 in the USA and INR26000). Company might launch it in India by next year, although no official statements are made on this yet.