Information is the systematically stored data in your devices or computer and Information technology is the technology which is used to secure, transmit, retrieve your data or information. It is also called IT, Infotech, Cybernetics. IT plays a very crucial role in various commercial sites or you can say in various sectors of life such as in education, at homes, in businesses, etc. Infotech is a subgroup of information & communication technology (ICT). In simple words, you can say that information & communication technology is a technology to boost your business as it has been designed to support the maintenance, growth, development of the business. But all these cannot be possible without the use of devices and the person who will work on these devices.
- Examples of information technology are:
- Other words or Synonyms for Information technology
- Types of Information technology
- (1) Technical support
- (2) Programmers
- Types of programs
- There are different types of Programming languages
- (3) Web
- Various terms included in the web are:
- Tools used by the web designer:
- The languages should known by a web designer are:
- Tools used by the Web developers are:
- Languages used by Web Developers:
- (4) Computer System Analyst
- Role of the Computer System analyst:
- (5) IT Security
- Warnings to IT security are:
- Types of malware:
- Types of IT security
- (6) Network Engineer
- The roles of an network engineer are:
- Examples of IT products are:
So, there are many types of cybernetic technologies including software & services which are designed for different fields according to the need of their environment.
Examples of information technology are:
- Most common used IT is Computers & Computer networks
Other words or Synonyms for Information technology
- Data processing;
- Computerized information;
- ICT (information & communication technology);
- Information science;
- Electronic data processing; etc.
Types of Information technology
(1) Technical support
Technical support means to troubleshoot the problems. The person who are specified for this job are called problem managers/technical support officers as they satisfied their clients by providing technical support to them. In simple words, you can say that technical support officer issues the solutions to solve the hardware as well as software problems. They support their clients by answering their queries, guiding them, control the disaster, etc. A technical support officer should have the following skills: communication skills, problem-solving, knowledge, help desk experience, etc.
The computers are unable to do things on their own and they can work according to the instructions given to them by the users. So, their working depends upon the instructions and these instructions are called programs. The person who writes or designed programs are called programmers. The computer programmers first write and then test the code which comes to us in the form of a software.
Types of programs
- System programs
- Application programs
The programs which manage the hardware resources are called system programs whereas the programs used to perform specific tasks such as web browser, music player, video player are known as application programs.
There are different types of Programming languages
- Machine language (binary language: using only two digits 0, 1).
- Assembly level language
As we all know that a computer is a machine and it can only understand the binary language. The instructions or programs are given to the computer must be written in the form of binary language and this language is quite difficult to understand but the computer executes the programs if they are written in the machine language. So, the user writes the code in the assembly level language as it easy to understand or you can say in the user-friendly language but the computer could not understand this language, hence it will not execute the program. So, there a special program is required to convert this language into computer understandable language. The program which is used to convert the assembly level language into machine level language is known as Assembler. After converting the assemble level language into machine language computer will execute your program very fast.
It is a collection of electronic resources, is very important to run the internet. Internet cannot be run without the use of a web which means “No Web No Internet”. Usually, people think that the web and internet both are the same terms, but they both are different from each other. Internet is a physical network to connect devices at the same time while the web is a service used by the user to take work from it. It includes the W3C which maintains web standard rules and also known as the World Wide Web. Web is an HTML based website.
Example of web: If a person is watching a video on youtube.com then, youtube.com will called a website, not the internet. The person is enjoying the video through the internet by using this website.
Various terms included in the web are:
- Web browser
- Web server
- Web designer
- Web developers
Web browser: Web browser is an application software through which we can run the internet. We can approach a website through the web browser to watch videos, listen to music, etc. It is a client or a tool which sends a request to the webserver. Browser is very necessary to run the internet because without a browser we cannot use the internet. It is used to locate where the content has been placed, then it will display the content on your computer screen.
Examples of web browser
- Google chrome browser: Most widely used all over the world due to its very high speed and available for both computers as well as for mobile phones.
- Mozilla Firefox: less used as compared to the google chrome as they need to update their plugins time-to-time.
- Safari: Developed by the Apple company.
- Opera browser: mostly used in mobile phones and it has the highest speed out of all the browsers.
- Internet Explorer: developed by the Microsoft company as has less speed as compared to the other types of browsers.
- UC browser: due to its extreme high speed it is most widely & popularly used browser in mobile phones and now, also available for windows.
Web server: Its name itself suggest that it serves the users. A server is a program that accepts the request and then, executes it to display the webpages. In simple words, you can say that it is a program who serves specific things or services.
- If it serves web then, it is called web server;
- If it serves messages then, it will be called message server.
Web Designer: A website is a combination of design & coding. The person who designs the website is called web designer. A web designer designs the elegant portion of the website. It is quite complex to create a website which looks gorgeous and appeals in the eyes of the users. Let’s discuss about the Responsibilities of a Web designer:
- Visually designs the components or elements of a website or application.
- Give visual sense to the application by adding logos or animations, etc.
- No coding is included, just focus on the style & layout of the website.
- To give a great experience to their users.
Tools used by the web designer:
- Ms. Paint
The languages should known by a web designer are:
Web Developers: The web developer is one who builds the website or you can say that who writes the coding for the design of the application given by the web designer. It includes the coding forex: the designer has been designing a button and what action will perform when click on it or active this button is coded by the web developers.
Tools used by the Web developers are:
- Text editor
- DE Browser
- FTP Clients
- Local server
- Browser extension
Languages used by Web Developers:
- PHP Ruby
- Python, etc.
In straightforward you can say that Website is the combination of design & code, and web designer is the person who is responsible for the design which looks in front of you on the screen, and the web developer is the person who is responsible for the code behinds the design.
(4) Computer System Analyst
Computer system analysis means to the problems of the system and the person who analysis the system’s problem is called Computer system analyst. They play a very important role in the information technology to keep on running computers smoothly. They should familiar with both computer hardware and software. In other words, you can say that a computer system analyst is a person who specializes in analyzing, designing information systems.
Role of the Computer System analyst:
- Design such a system which meets the user’s or company’s need.
- Troubleshoot the system’s problem.
- Focuses on the specific needs of the business so that information technology can expand the business capacity.
- Examines the problems.
- Make plans for solutions & implement them to enhance the system ability.
- Introduce new hardware & software.
- keep knowledge about the system’s as well as the user’s requirements.
(5) IT Security
Data you have stored or saved in an organized manner to get the future benefit from them is called information and the measures that have been taken to protect your data from an unauthorized person is called information security. Information security is the combination of computer security & communication security. It is also called INFOSEC which means to preserve your computerized data from an unofficial use.
Let’s have an example to understand why you should need to secure your data: Suppose you have saved or stored your data in a sequenced manner, you don’t want your saved data will be shared or seen by someone else. So, you need surety that no one else could access your data. Because hackers & thefts become very smart and always try to hack or steal your data. That’s why it becomes a need of everyone or every organization to keep safe their digital or electronic assets & network devices from them.
Warnings to IT security are:
The most common challenge towards IT security is the malware or malicious software. It is an invasive software that enters force in your system to destruct/destroy and demolish your computers and computer systems.
Types of malware:
- Fileless malware
- Trojan virus
So, IT security includes those standards which are required to detect & counter such threats.
Types of IT security
- Network security
- Application security
- Internet security
- Endpoint security
- Cloud security
In simple words, you can say that IT security is important to maintain the integrity, confidentiality and authenticity of the data stored
(6) Network Engineer
Each company is dependent on the computer networks and they need to set up, manage, develop networks for their organization. The person who is responsible for maintaining the networks between organizations is called network engineer.
The roles of an network engineer are:
- troubleshoot any technical problem related to the network.
- improve network performance.
- design new networks according to the need of the user or an organization.
- upgrading, maintain local & wide area networks, etc.
Examples of IT products are:
- Computer hardware;
- Telecom equipment